The success of the Vista Grove movement -- creating a vibrant and progressive city and community that is ready for the future -- depends upon the active involvement of every one of our interested citizens. Here are ways everyone can get involved now:
- Donate. Please give, and ask that people give to support Vista Grove. We need to have a completed feasibility study in hand as soon as possible this year. This study is important both as a requirement under state law to become a city, but also as a source for all of us of the best data about cityhood -- including the critical budgetary analysis that will ensure a new city can thrive. We anticipate working through the Andrew Young School of Public Policy at Georgia State. Funding the study is going to be the most important work for us over the next month to two months. Here is the link to donate: www.vistagrove.org/donate
- Host an event. We want to make sure we have canvassed all of our Vista Grove neighborhoods and talked to as many residents as possible. If you belong to a local organization and can invite someone to speak about Vista Grove, or if you can host an event at your home and invite friends, this is a critical part of our effort.
- Get five new names on our petition. Talk about Vista Grove with your friends and neighbors in our area. Ask them to sign our petition and to donate now to support moving forward with the formal feasibility study of a potential new city. Here is the petition link: www.vistagrove.org/petition When someone signs the petition, ask that they include both their name and address, so our legislators understand the breadth of community support. This is one area where every one of you can make a HUGE difference for us right now; if you encouraged just five new people a week to sign the petition, who themselves do the same, you yourself will be reaching hundreds of our Vista Grove friends and neighbors.
- Social media. Follow us, and encourage friends to follow us, on social media. Like us on Facebook at VistaGroveGA, and follow us on Twitter at VistaGroveGA.
- Join a task force in an area of interest. We have task forces for community outreach, as well as in subject matter areas like parks, public safety, zoning, and roads. Go to www.vistagrove.org/taskforces
Please join us and let us know, below, how you'd like to help. Thank you!